Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Ipoh Trip - French Hotel Ipoh

We booked our hotel room online via agoda.com. French Hotel is located at 60-62, Jalan Dato Onn Jaafar Ipoh, Perak. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the railway station. But we managed to get a cab to bring us to the hotel for RM10. The cab dont have meter so you need to bargain for your fare. Public bus is not regular and I hardly see any public bus. The best way to move around Ipoh is by cab or walking. With soaring temperatures, I hated to do the walking lol so we did our sightseeing via cab. French hotel is well located as it was situated near the Ipoh Popular tauge (beansprouts) chicken, etc. (will talk about the tauge chicken in later post). The hotel rate is rather cheap at only S$50+ per night and partly due to the strong Singapore Dollar lately.

The hotel is very clean and cozy and the reception staffs are really friendly and helpful. They even show us a map of nearby shops and eateries and even help us to book a cab for our sightseeing (will tell you why when I come to that posting.).

They dont have bathtub which I am glad cause most of the times I have problem climbing into the bathtub with my weak knees hahaha.

Hahaha saw this interesting sign outside the lift, most of the times, they dont allow durians into the hotel due to the strong smell but mangosteens?I wonder why?

I strongly recommend a stay at this French Hotel due to its convenient location and friendly and helpful staffs.

1 comment:

Greendudess said...

Mangosteen stains and cant be washed out.