Thursday, August 09, 2018

Hiroshima Trip 2018 - Day 2 - Moderate quake - magnitude 4.9 earthquake

After done with the day's sightseeing, we went back to the hotel to rest before heading out for dinner.

At about 5 pm, I felt my bed moved and lots of sounds coming from the building. At first thought, I thought there's some kind of renovation going on upstairs, second thought was the room was haunted hahaha.

Then I realised that there's an earthquake, quickly surf the nets and true enough there's an earthquake in Hiroshima. I was quite frigthened cause first time experienced this type of earthquake but the locals seems so used to it. I looked out of the window and saw no one is running. The trains were moving as usual.

Safety Tips app for foreigners visiting Japan.

Safety Tips.

Took some videos of street scenes after the moderate earthquake. Note I was on the 16th floor of Sheraton Hotel, it was so quiet, could not hear the trains sounds.





No comments: