Saturday, April 26, 2008

South Korea-Seoul-Changdukgung Palace (Part 1)

Today we get to visit the Changdukgung Palace in South Korea.

It is one of the five grand palaces built by the kings of the Joseon Dynasty. Changdeokgung is also referred to as the East Palace. For more information, see source from wikipedia.
The palace has many such beautiful buildings that looked like temples.

Take note of the roofs.

Most of the roofs have animal statues decorated on them. The animal statues are believed to get rid of evil spirits.
The top little window on every roof has different wordings.
This one has a different wordings as the above photo.
The palace tour guide told us to walk on the central of the path just like the royal family. Only servants or lowly ranks walked on the lower side of the path.

6 comments:

GMG said...

Hi Alice! Thanks for having been so kind to comment on Blogtrotter and on Revival 90s while I was absent! I’m back and trying to catch up with your posts!
But there is a lot to see from your trip to South Korea. Can imagine you have hundreds (thousands?) of pictures from there.
The palace looks beautiful and I can imagine you taking the royal path, learning how to make kimchi (thanks wiki for letting me now what that is...) and buying lots and lots of souvenirs... ;)!
Hope you have a great Sunday!
Gil

alicesg said...

Thanks trotter for your nice comments. I enjoyed visiting your travel blogs too.

I learned much about the other half of the planet from your blog cause I only visited this half of the planet...lol.

Yes, I enjoyed very much in my recent trip to Korea and of course I took many photos (900+) and short videos with my camera too. I think it was possible because of the numerous memory cards that allowed me to take that much...hahaha. Isn't technology a wonderful thing.

chwanz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alicesg said...

I had a request from a visitor of my blog who asked me to email her, normally, I dont reply through email. You can ask me questions thru the comments section. I will try to answer as much as possible. Thanks.

Alyssa said...

What beautiful buildings and what a great deal of craftmanship went into them. I love all the attention to the small details. It must have been breath-taking walking through them. Beautiful pictures! I am enjoying your South Korean adventure very much!

alicesg said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Alyssa. Am glad you are enjoying my korean adventure. :)