Monday, June 07, 2010

Ho Chi Minh City -Cruise in the Mekong Delta Part 4

After visiting the village and some fruits tasting, we were supposed to cruise part of the small river on some very small sampan. I refused to take the sampan cause firstly, they dont provide life jackets and secondly, the heat from the sun was really unbearable. So I opt for waiting for the rest of the tour group in the bigger boats just like those in the below photo...lol.
Saw some westerners having problem sitting the small sampan cause they have very long legs.



Part of our tour group finally arrived from the swamps and joined us in the bigger boats. They complained they suffered heatstrokes...lol.

A short video showing the sampans.

2 comments:

escape said...

this is the one that we missed when we went there.

alicesg said...

I booked my packaged tour from our local travel agent. I saw the itinenary is very good, they covered a lot of places and the price is very reasonable, that is why I decided to book through them. I wont be able to cover so many places if I will go on a free and easy package.