Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vietnam - Vung Tau - Goddess of Mercy

This is so beautiful. It is the Goddess of Mercy. I used my faithful camera to zoom on it and it turned out so beautiful with the dark clouds behind it. The days that we were in Vietnam, the weather was a killer at 37 degrees celsius and not a sight of a single raindrops despite being the rainy season in Vietnam.

Maybe the Goddess of Mercy heard about our complain, after visiting the temple, we had a heavy rainfall for about 20 minutes after we left the temple. Maybe she bless us. :)



The statue is so tall at 18 metres.

The same thing happen in this temple, the vendors followed us and continued selling their wares to us.

2 comments:

escape said...

this are great places that i missed. you just tell me that i should go back to hcmc again.

alicesg said...

Dong Ho, it is difficult to cover the whole of Vietnam. I did not visit North Vietnam, might do so if time permit. I am hoping for another trip soon...hahaha.