Thursday, July 29, 2010

Batam Indonesia - Bye Bye Batam

There are five ferry terminals in Batam. When I first arrived, my ferry landed at Sekupang Terminal. When I left, I took the ferry from Waterfront Terminal. You need to take note that once you arrived Batam, it is important to confirm your return ferry tickets as soon as possible to ensure you get the time slot for your departure.

That Sunday, Waterfront Terminal had only two departures, i.e. 2.30 pm and 4.30 pm. The 2.30 pm was full so I ended up taking the 4.30 pm ferry. It is actually better to take the 4.30 pm ferry so that you can have a nice slow lunch. The late check out at Harris Hotel at 1 pm is actually very helpful too.

Hubby and me had buffet lunch at Harris Hotel that cost us S$15 and we spend about two hours there eating the buffet and watching repeat telecast of the world cup in the coffee house. At 3.30 pm the free shuttle bus from Harris Hotel fetch us to the ferry terminal.

You need to prepare S$7 for the departure fee before you enter the ferry terminal.

So it is bye bye batam and home sweet home Singapore. It will be months later before my next trip...hahaha.

4 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

beautiful shots!

Glennis said...

Very Oriental looking Ferry Terminal, lovely photos.

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Nice pictures...

Yoshi said...

I guess a beautiful sky and a water cheered your trip in Batam. The hotel looks so exotic and gorgeous.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Yoshi