Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Batam Indonesia - KTM Resort

This is KTM Resort. I dont stay in here but our tour bus need to pick another four passengers to join us for a one day tour of Batam.

The rooms are built like a treehouse and very near to nature but there's a lot of walking as all the rooms are outside.

Beside this resort, there's a Goddess of Mercy Temple. Took these photos from inside the tour bus.
It is wise to buy a day tour from the travel agent rather than taking a taxi in Batam Island as the taxi dont goes by the meter and it is not cheap.
I bought the day tour from KTM Resort Travel Agent in Harbour Front in addition to my hotel accomodation. As I did not want to stay at KTM Resort, I arranged for them to book a room at Harris Hotel.
The day tour costs me $20 for a weekend price. I think it will be cheaper for weekdays and non public holidays. For $20 they would bring us tour the Batam Island and inclusive of one seafood lunch. Very worth.
More photos of my sightseeing and Harris Hotel coming out in later posts.

No comments: