Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Siem Reap Trip 2014 - Baphuon Temple Ruins

Next sightseeing was this beautiful Baphuon Temple. Built in the mid-11th century, it is a three-tiered temple mountain built as the state temple of Udayadityavarman II dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva. It is the archetype of the Baphuon style. You can read more informaton from wikipedia.

Sis and me did not attempt to climb all the way up to the temple cause we were very tired and the hot weather is not helping too. So only my hubby and my brother in law climb all the way to the top of the temple.

We found a good spot to rest with plenty of shades and huge fallen stones served as seats.

As I did not climb to the top, the photos of the interior and top of the temple were taken by my hubby.

There were many steep and narrow steps to climb, glad that I did not insist of climbing otherwise my weak knees will give me problem. I reserved my leg power for Angkor Wat hahaha.

Took this video with my iphone of my hubby and brother in law. They were at the top most of the temple on the right hand corner. See how small they look.

No comments: