Thursday, August 13, 2015

Japan Trip 2015 - Tokyo - Day 7 - How to go to Mount Fuji

One of the regret that I had on this trip was I could not visit Mount Fuji cause of the raining season. Glad that I did not purchase the ticket in advance and also glad that at least I saw Mount Fuji on Day one of my trip from the plane.

I decided to cancel my plan after viewing the live webcam daily. The plan was to buy a bus ticket from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Train Station to view Mt Fuji. But looking at the webcam, it was no use making the 2 hours trip there cause it was raining and cloudy and Mount Fuji was no where in sight. Will be a fruitless trip.

Anyway, I will share the information that I had earlier obtained on how to go to Mount Fuji.

Take a Keio Express Bus From Shinjuku Highway Bus Terminal, access from Shinjuku Train Station WEST Exit 6 or WEST Exit 7. The bus terminal is just next to these two exits.

It also opposite the Yodobashi Camera (West Store). You can see a lot of buses parked by the side of the road.

For the same day departure to Mount Fuji, ticket can be purchased from the counter on the ground floor level, for advance ticket purchases, need to go to the second level of the ticket office to purchase the ticket.

The ticket prices were indicated on the brochures above. For my intended trip was to Kawaguchiko train station, the fare is 1750 yen and the travel time is about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

The map of Fuji-Kawaguchiko Walking Map obtainable from Japan Tourist Board. There are suggestions on how to move around Kawaguchiko and where the best place to view Mount Fuji. For transport around Kawaguchiko, there's the retro bus. View more information of the retro bus from the official website.

No comments: