Monday, April 17, 2017

Day 2 - Nanjing/Hangzhou Trip 2017 - Purchase of CHR Train Ticket for Nanjing South Railway Station to Hangzhou East Railway Station

After breakfast, we made our way to Nanjing South Railway Station, we took the metro from Xinjiekou Station to Nanjing South Railway Station (RMB2), we looked for the south gate as information I gathered from a You Tube video. Then look for the ticket office. The ticket office is on the ground level. Please note there's more than one railway station in Nanjing.

There's not a long queue when we were there, we headed to the counter with our passport to purchase train tickets. We planned to travel to Hangzhou on Day 4 via the high speed rail, so best to get the ticket earlier. We could not purchased the train tickets online cause they need China I.D. to log in. And I do not want to rely on third party vendor to get our train tickets. As long as the travel date is non public holiday or weekend, no problem getting the train tickets.

Not easy to read the board train schedule if you do not understand mandarin, I managed to get the information of the train details from online. So I printed out the timing and train number that I wanted so that I can refer to the information if the timing that I wanted is not available, I can quickly gather the information onhand. The seats are three on one side and two on the other side, so I told the counter staff, I wanted the two seaters in mandarin. So no problem in getting the train that I wanted, the time and the seats. The journey from Nanjing South Railway Station to Hangzhou South Railway Station is about one and half hour.

Always keep the tickets with you till you left the train station on the day of departure. Need your original passport when purchasing the train tickets.

For more information and detailed explanation on how to purchase/collect the tickets, you can view this video, I found it to be very informative.

You can get the information on the train departure timings from third party vendors. Just google for them.

No comments: