Friday, April 29, 2011

Penang Malaysia-Street Scenes

PLEASE ASK PERMISSION BEFORE YOU RE POST MY PHOTOS ON TO YOUR BLOG. THERE ARE SOME BLOGGERS WHO DID NOT ASK MY PERMISSION AND REPOST MY PHOTOS WITHOUT THE COURTESY OF LINKING BACK TO MY BLOG. THIS IS LIKE STEALING. PEOPLE, I HAVE SPEND MUCH TIME TAKING PHOTOS AND DOING HOMEWORK ON MY TRAVELLING INFORMATION AND KINDLY SHARE THESE INFORMATION TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN THEM. IF NECESSARY I WILL POST SCREEN SHOT OF YOUR BLOG TO SHOW YOUR BAD MANNERS OF STEALING MY PHOTOS. THE MOST DISGUSTING THING THEY DID WAS TO SCREEN SHOT MY PHOTO AND CORP OFF MY BLOG TITLE FROM MY PHOTO AND REPOST THEM IN THEIR BLOG.


After lunch at a coffeeshop/eating house near the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, we walked towards the factory where they sold the famous Penang Biscuits.

But a street looked so familar to me cause I read on the internet about this street where the famous Char Kway Teow stall is. The street is Lorong Selamat. The lady is famous for her delicious char kway teow and was said to be the best in the whole of Penang and also the most expensive. Normally others sold at RM3.00 or RM4.00 but hers was above RM6.00 for small plate. Argghhh, hubby and me already taken our lunch and so we thought maybe ordered a plate and we both shared but when we passed the stall the chilli was quite hurtful to the eyes, I guess it must be very spicy although you can ordered the non spicy version.

So we changed our mind cause we were really very full already, perhaps the next time I visit Penang, I will come here again and try her Char Kway Teow.

Oh just some gossip, she is also famous for being rude to her customers...hahaha

There are other stalls along this street too. I should have discovered this street earlier before I take my lunch.

For those interested, Lorong Selamat is few streets away and opposite Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall. You can find the location of Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall from the Penang Map.







It is easy to find food around Penang just like Singapore. There are eating houses like the above or what we called them coffeeshop.





During my four full days in Penang, I never entered any restaurants to dine...lol. I just wanted to try the local food.

No comments: